About usThe Kerala Hindus of Arizona (KHA) is a non-profit organization was incoroporated as a charitable tax exempt non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of IRS code by a group of Hindus from India's southernmost state of Kerala who now reside across Arizona. This organization aims to be the umbrella unit for all Hindus living in the region. We believe a strong foundation rooted on spiritual values is crucial for the well being of a community.
Our Mission & Vision
- Organize and co-ordinate social, cultural, charitable and educational activities based on Hindu tradition of Kerala, India.
- Provide members with an opportunity to attend regular prayer meetings(Bhajans) and Hindu rituals.
- Establish unity and co-operation among Hindus without having any cast barriers.
- Engage and Expose children to Hindu culture & heritage through cultural, recreational and educational activities
- Organize the Hindu youth of Kerala origin and provide them a social forum to experience and appreciate the richness of Indian culture and traditions.
- Foster understading and friendship among other religious,social and educational, charitable organizations, especially organizations of Indian origin and coordinate activities of common interest.
- To solicit, raise funds and donations to carry out the above and other worthy humanitarian charitable causes like housing, food,educational and medical needs.
- Most broadly, it serves to cultivate and support the exchange of ideas between Kerala Hindus and people of other cultures & religions in North America.
- To establish and operate a permanent place of worship to meet the spiritual, cultural and social needs for the Hindu Community.
- To help and support new families moving to the State of Arizona.
- Operate exclusively for social, charitable, educational, and scientific purposes within the meaning of section 501(c)(3) of the United States Internal Revenue Code of 1954, and shall never be operated primarily for carrying on a trade or business for profit.